There is an active group of youth taking part in the 24 October International Day of Action in Brunei, lead by Brunei Generation Green. Join their Facebook group or follow their blog for more information, or email email@example.com to get involved.
Here is a description of the activities being planned and a call for participation:
On October 24, there will be an international Global Warming awareness events that will be occurring all over the Globe at various iconic locations.
In conjunction to that, we plan to make this Global warming awareness campaign on a large scale in Brunei.
I believe it is the first of its kind in our homeland, and it would be our chance to mark our country on the world map, gaining recognition that there is a going green movement in our country.
This event is still in the planning stage, and we would like YOU to get involved and take part in the planning process! Do come through with ideas and inspiration of any sort.
This movement has just begun, and it needs your help. Lets make this event recognized in Brunei, and doing our part in helping to heal the earth back to how it used to be.
CALLING ALL TREE HUGGERS!!!
Here is the list of the events that will, insya Allah, be included in the BGG project:
1. Opening ceremony
Date: Saturday, 17th October 2009
Date: Saturday, 17th October 2009
3. Environmental workshop for Primary school students
Date: Wednesday, 21st October 2009
Venue: JASTRe’s dewan (TBC)
4. 350 Global Movement
Date: Sunday, 25th October 2009
5. Drawing/Painting and Photography competition
Date: Tuesday, 1st September 2009
We would like to recruit volunteers for each event and play a part in the project. We require a team of dedicated and committed earth loving Bruneians to ensure the success of this project. The available posts and job description are as such:
– Survey for locations and other requirements for the event
– Communicate regularly with event manager
– Execute event manager’s requests
– Be present during the event (s)
– Provide ideas and suggestions to event managers on the design of the event (s).
– Be the primary Brunei liaisons for the project/event.
Media and Design Team
– Web posters/advertisements for the events
– T-shirt design
– To create and coordinate all printed materials for the events
For those of you who are interested to be part of this nobel cause, the requirements are as below:
1. Share our objectives and mission
2. Willing to commit and sacrifice their time and energy for the success of the project
3. Able to communicate frequently with their respective team managers
4. Preferably currently in Brunei, but we will also consider those who are yet to be in Brunei
If you are insterested to volunteer in any of the events please send us an email at Brunei350@hotmail.com with the details below:
Place of work/study (position/course):
Contact details (email/phone):
Event to volunteer:
Reason(s) for volunteering:
Let us all come together and give birth to a Bruneian generation that cares about the environment, and play an active role in preserving the ecology. So what are you waiting for? Let’s make a difference!
The BGG Project team would like to recruit Bruneian teachers (or teachers to be) to assist us in the planning of the workshop for primary 4 and 5 kids. The workshop shall be focusing on developing their understanding on climate change and what they can do about it. The event will be held on Wednesday, 21st October 2009 from 9am – 12pm, God willing.
1. Familiar with the primary 4 and 5 Brunei syllabus
2. Interested in developing the young into individuals who are proactive in caring for the Brunei environment
3. Creative in developing activities to teach the young ones about climate change
4. Easily reachable via the internet (i.e. prompt email replies, available on YM/MSN/Skype)
So if you have can fulfill the above requirements, please contact me via a facebook PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you guys!!