Asian Youth Climate Workshop
350.org is no longer able to provide scholarships to the Workshop. However, if you are going to be in Bangkok Oct 2-5, you are still welcome to attend the meetings!
If you will be in Bangkok and would like to attend, please click here.
And there are still lots of great ways to stay involved in the 350 movement — we’ll make sure to share all the materials and lessons from the summit online, so stay tuned and start organizing your October 24 action today!
This October 2-5, 350.org is organizing an Asian Youth Climate Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand. This is a great chance for you to meet other young leaders from across East Asia and help build a growing Asian youth climate movement!
The workshop coincides with the United Nations inter-sessional climate meetings in Bangkok, one of the most important meetings this year before December’s Copenhagen summit, when world leaders will create an international climate treaty. Traditionally, Asian youth have played a small role in climate negotiations. For example, at the 2008 UN Climate Meetings in Poland only one youth from China attended, compared to the nearly 100 youth from the United States. The meetings in Bangkok are an unprecedented opportunity for youth from across Asia to learn about the international climate process, make their voices heard to world leaders, and lay the groundwork for a lasting climate movement in the region.
The Asian Youth Climate Workshop will bring together approximately 50 youth environmental advocates from 13 countries in the East Asia region to:
- Take part as youth advocates in the UN Intercessional Climate Meetings in Bangkok;
- Increase their understanding of climate change science, solutions, the international negotiations process, and affect policy development at a national and international level;
- Learn basic campaign skills and how to use new and traditional media in order to become more visible and effective climate change organizers and activists;
- Build support for 350.org’s International Day of Climate Action on the October 24th, three weeks after the proposed Bangkok summit;
- Lay the groundwork for a lasting Asian youth climate movement that will continue beyond October 24th and the Copenhagen summit.
Apply for the Workshop
350.org is no longer able to provide scholarships to the workshop, however, if you are going to be in Bangkok for Oct 2-5 and would like to attend the workshop, we are still making space available.
Please fill out this form to attend the workshop and we will provide you with more information.
Spread the Word
There are lot’s of great ways to spread the word about the Asian Youth Climate Workshop:
- Check out our event on Facebook and share it with your friends.
- Click here for a sample email invite.
- Click here to download a poster for the event.
For more information or any questions you might have, please contact: